5 ways to Feel Good through Winter
The best thing about Winter for most people is Christmas…so what about when that’s over?!
The Winter blues are real, and it can sometimes feel a bit miserable this time of year. But don’t worry, there are a few habits you can try to Feel Good this winter!
- Sleep more: As there’s less sunlight, it’s natural for us to feel more tired in the winter. While humans don’t actually need more sleep in the winter, if you do feel more tired, let yourself get that extra sleep! Set a realistic wake time and try to get to sleep earlier. Your body and mind will thank you!
- Soup it up: It’s soup season! Nothing hits better than some warm soup on a cold winter’s day. Making soup is super healthy, affordable, and is a great way to minimise your food waste: just grab whatever veggies are in your fridge, and add them to some stock cubes & boiling water. There’s loads of simple soup recipes online, so you can use up what you’ve got. For 30 minutes of effort, you can ensure you’ve got a healthy lunch for the week!
- Cut down on caffeine: On dreary days, it can be tempting to overload on caffeine. After a while, it stops working, and if anything, you’ll feel more tired! Try switching out your afternoon coffee with a Feel Good Drink. Our Raspberry & Hibiscus flavour contains Ginseng, which is thought to increase energy levels.
- Stay social: Winter can be hard for people. Christmas is over, and for many, it can seem like there’s not a whole lot to look forward to in the coming months. Make sure you reach out to your friends and loved ones and focus on ensuring you’ve got a great support network. Try going out on a winter’s walk and just having a chat!
- Be kind to yourself: After New Year, it can be all too easy to set unrealistic goals for the coming year. Make sure you’re kind to yourself: set SMART goals and give yourself a break once in a while. You’re only human!
Do you have any great tips to Feel Good over the winter? Let us know in the comments!
Want to Feel Good now?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.