Why is it important to recycle your drinks can?
At Feel Good, we recognise that mining virgin aluminium can be environmentally damaging and is energy intensive to produce. Once in circulation however, aluminium can be recycled forever without losing any of its properties. As a permanent material, aluminium is perfect for the circular economy.
We know that in the UK, over 75% of aluminium cans are recycled and using recycled aluminium saves 95% of energy compared to primary production. Recycling your can is crucial to further improve recycling rates and reducing demand for raw materials.
Whilst at home recycling rates are strong, ‘on-the-go’ recycling of cans still needs improving. That's why here at Feel Good we are choosing partners which help improve aluminium recycling rates, reducing the strain on our planet’s resources.
Fast Facts to Feel Good about:
- 75% of all aluminium ever produced is still in circulation today
- Recycled aluminium can be back on the shelves in as little as 60 days
- 95% of aluminium packaging collected in the UK is recycled within Europe, rather than being sent around the globe
- The energy saved by recycling one drinks can would power a TV for 4 hours.
Want to Feel Good now?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.